From Parade Magazine, August 5, 2012
1 bunch broccoli, trimmed and cup into 4-inch-long spears
1/2 stick unsalted butter, diced
5 Tbl all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream, well chilled
3 Tbl medium-dry sherry
Fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced thin
1. In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water cook broccoli for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside, covered.
2. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the broth and bring mixture to a boil. Cook on low, stirring, for 10 minutes or until thick.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, then add to flour mixture, along with the sherry and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange broccoli on a flameproof platter. Top with half the sauce. Stir 1/4 cup of Parmesan into the other half of the sauce. Arrange chicken on broccoli, pour remaining sauce over top, and sprinkle mixture with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
5. Broil, about 6 inches from the heat, for about 1 minute or until sauce is golden and bubbling.