- 6 ripe tomatoes
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (or to taste)
- juice of one lime
- 1 small fresh jalapeno chile
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tomatilla, seeded and diced, optional
Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and dice. Place in a bowl and add the diced onion, garlic, cilantro, optional tomatilla and lime juice. Stir well to mix.
Add as much finely diced jalapeno chile, salt and pepper to taste. (Test the jalapeno for “hotness” first. You may only need a teaspoon, or the whole pepper, depending on your level of pain tolerance.)
Let salsa sit for about 30 minutes for flavors to marinate.
Powered by Recipage