- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 12 ounces each), well scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with garlic press
- 1 12 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cans (15 to 19 ounces each) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Place potatoes in 2 1/2 -quart microwave-safe dish. Cover dish and microwave on High until fork tender, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in 5- to 6-quart saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Stir in beans, broth, tomatoes, and peanut butter until blended; heat to boiling and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium-low; add sweet potatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro
Powered by Recipage